Adding a Remote Fabric Interface Type
A new DB interface can be created in Fabric based on Fabric Remote interface type.
- A Fabric Remote interface type refers to a remote Fabric server that belongs to a different Fabric cluster. Unlike an internal (local) Fabric DB interface, its settings include the Host and Port of the remote Fabric server.
A Fabric Remote DB interface type is defined in a project in the following cases:
- When getting data from a remote Fabric cluster.
- When using a Fabric Remote interface to run the Query Builder on Fabric.
How Do I Create a Remote Fabric Interface?
- Go to the Project Tree, click Shared Objects, right click Interfaces, and then select New Interface.
- Click Interface Type to open the dropdown list and then select Fabric Remote.
- Populate the Connection Settings fields.
- Click Test Connection to verify that the connection settings are correct:
- If the connection is OK, the Connection is OK notification is displayed on the bottom of the window.
- If the connection fails, a description of the problem is displayed on the bottom of the window.
- Click Save.