E2E Catalog Creation Process
This article is a description of the E2E Catalog Creation process. The details for each step can be accessed via the links in the instructions below.
To create a Data Catalog from the Fabric project and to start using it, do the following:
- Create a new project or use the existing one.
- Create a Data Catalog interface named catalogdb. This is a one-time only activity.
- This interface is the default Data Catalog interface and must exist in the project.
- If needed, additional Data Catalog interfaces can be defined, for example for an OrientDB cluster.
- (Optional) Use the Build Catalog option using the Fabric Studio to build the catalog files for all entities (each LU, WS, Common) in the project.
- This step is optional and is only performed when there is a requirement to override catalog files prior to uploading the catalog to the server.
- (Optional) Override the automatic files to include the elements that the automatic process doesn't recognize them or they are not part of the project implementation.
- Install OrientDB and start it. This is a one-time only activity.
- Use the Write Catalog option in the Fabric Studio to deploy the Catalog to the server. This includes building the catalog files and uploading them to OrientDB.
- Login to the Data Catalog using the K2View Web Framework and navigate the catalog.